Share information people can use...
On Sixtyfortyproject.com, one dollar can buy you 60 seconds of fame and a child 40 days of clean water. Launching today and live for only one month, the website offers individuals and businesses the opportunity to donate a dollar in return for the privilege of projecting a message for 60 seconds on the side of Dominion Towers, Denver Pavilions and a building in Larimer Square.
Sixtyfortyproject.com is part of the UNICEF Tap Project, a national grassroots fundraising initiative built around World Water Day, March 22, to help the nonprofit provide clean water to children around the world.
“Nearly 900 million people on our planet don’t have access to safe, clean water. In fact, water-related illness is the second biggest killer of children worldwide,” explains Maria Choi from the US Fund for UNICEF. “With one dollar, UNICEF can provide safe water to one child for 40 days, or 40 children safe water for one day.”
Donate safe water and speak your mind to the city of Denver in five simple steps.
1. Visit sixtyfortyproject.com between March 21 and April 21.
2. Donate a dollar to the UNICEF Tap Project.
3. Type your message. Sixtyfortyproject.com welcomes musings, marriage proposals, manifestos and more. Profanity and inappropriate content won’t make the cut.
4. Sixtyfortyproject.com tells you what time and where your message will appear.
5. Enjoy your 60 seconds of fame and the knowledge that you have provided a child with 40 days of clean water.
Through UNICEF, donations will go to improving access to safe water and sanitation facilities in schools and communities, and to promoting safe hygiene practices. UNICEF's goal is to reduce by half the number of people without sustainable access to safe water and basic sanitation by 2015.
The project was developed by Sukle Advertising & Design, with web development from Statera, public relations outreach by CSG|PR, and site coordination managed by Denver’s Larimer Square, the Denver Pavilions and Dominion Towers.
For more information, visit sixtyfortyproject.com.